Monday, October 8, 2012

It's Food Truck Monday! | @MaMaDukesLLC #NC #Durham #foodtruck



Are the food trucks where you are as good as they are here in the Triangle? I hope so. In my quest to try as many as I can, I ate at Mama Duke's for the first time today for lunch and it's definitely up there with some of my other recent faves.

Now, if you know me, you may know that I have one thing in common with conservative pundit Bill O'Reilly: I get excited by falafel. A key difference being, I know the difference between falafel and loofah. So, today I had a falafel burger for lunch and loved it -- it had great flavor, was hot and fresh, and was complemented by fresh lettuce and tomato. How good is it?

Guys, it's Sofa King good.
The generously sized burger with a side of cranberry slaw felt reasonably priced at $8. And I'm the guy who always whines about expensive food from food trucks is. Someone on yelp said it was a big enough burger for two to share; I wouldn't go that far though, it was a an appropriate size for one grown-ass man. Maybe two small children, or petite women, would want to split it?

Falafel Burger
Falafel burger with cranberry slaw. 

Related: Mama Dukes is apparently a Southern slang term. I'm a New Englander, had never heard it before.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...