Monday, April 30, 2012

Outstanding interview with Amber E. aka @rare_basement

Funny Ladies of Twitter: An interview with Amber E. aka @rare_basement ›› Princess Lasertron:

Image via Princess Lasertron
Retail is exhausting but I can’t think of anything else that would be any less exhausting. I don’t think I’d want to get paid to write because I don’t know how to write and I would have panic attacks until deadlines and then disappear from. I guess my ideal job would be winning the lottery and sitting on my ass all day, watching tv. I’m really lazy. I will do what’s necessary to survive but if work wasn’t, I wouldn’t do any. I would like to go to college someday, maybe to learn how to write, but I’m not sure student loan debt is something I would be able to deal with in the future.
Remember how they made a show out of that Sh*t My Dad Says twitter account and it was awful? That's a shame because Amber's feed would make a great sitcom and all that Let's-Make-a-TV-Show-Based-on-a-Twitter-Account money has probably dried up. It could be the show Whitney should have been.

Remember how great Roseanne was when it was great? Though she's not another Roseanne Barr, she's got something of that energy -- I'm just not putting my finger quite on it. There's something Seinfeldian in her tweet DNA, too. If you could mush up just the right parts of prime Seinfeld and Roseanne, with an eye towards the best stuff on Adult Swim, then I think you'd be on the way to making the definitive twitter-based TV show using the @rare_basement stream as your starting point.

Cartoon Network: make this happen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...