Wednesday, May 4, 2011

"I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here." (NC Poker Meetup group runs afoul of the law.)

Police charge husband, wife with running gambling establishment in Raleigh - Wake County - NewsObserver.com


Johnny's poker former Meetup group will need a new venue.


Detectives on April 16 charged the homeowner, Coung Tu Le (Johnny Le), 32, of 4700 Marathon Lane, with one count each of misdemeanor gambling, operating an illegal gambling establishment, possession of illegal gambling tables and misdemeanor child abuse, Raleigh police Capt. Norman Grodi said this afternoon.

When officers entered the home, Le's wife, Thu Le, 27, was serving as the card dealer, Grodi said. Police charged her with the same offenses as her husband, Grodi said.
I'd be lying if I said it'd never occurred to me, too, but only in a daydreamy never really would do it kind of way, of course. I mean, we all saw what happened to those kids on Veronica Mars.

A little amateur sleuthing (google) and I see Johnny's got a twitter account:


any good poker game in raleigh lately?Mon Jan 04 06:46:46 via web

I guess he decided to start his own and found he was a good host.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...