Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Fall aren't for everybody. They're just not.

Mark E Smith: April’s Twat of the month:


Mark E. Smith. The wear, he's worse for it.


For instance, his creative output is sycophantically described by Steve Huey as “abstract poetry filled with complicated wordplay, bone-dry wit, cutting social observations, and general misanthropy.”
Really Steve?! Sounds like a thick arsehole shouting unintelligible crap to me. I mean listen to the song Totally Wired – if that blabbering noise is abstract poetry then I’m a literary deity.

We all looked fitter thirty years ago.
Me, I love it. If you're not sure which side of the argument you fall on, check "Totally Wired" for y'self. My heart and I agree ...



You don't have to look far over there at DTL to find some praise of U2, Extreme, and Blind Melon. Now, I admit there are a few U2 songs I enjoy quite a bit. Not a lot, but a few; the bulk of their output is slick rubbish. Blind Melon's hit single was undeniably catchy ... but, let's face it, that stuff's baby food. There's nothing wrong with a bit of applesauce now and again; however, at some point, you've got to challenge yourself or you're going to find the parties you throw are just a bunch null-nodes standing around talking about how "fuckin' deep, dude," the religious themes are in Bono's lyrics. That's no way to live.

I don't know Mark E. Smith, so I can't speak to whether he's an insufferable twat to go to the pub with or not. I'd rather buy him a pint and find out for myself than have Bono buy me one. And, I'd trade the whole of U2's output for "Totally Wired" without batting an eye.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...