Tuesday, April 12, 2011

In this day and age, how does a indie music lovin' baseball fan miss this until now?!

EXCLUSIVE: Baseball Project feat. Buck & Gibbard | SPIN.com:




The Baseball Project is a band featuring R.E.M.'s Peter Buck, Young Fresh Fellows' Scott McCaughey, the Dream Syndicate's Steve Wynn, and his wife, drummer Linda Pitmon, who geek out about their favorite baseball players and teams over power-pop riffage. See, indie nerds can play sports.

Their new album, Volume 2: High and Inside, is on deck for a March 1 release via Yep Roc, and it features an all-star lineup of collaborators, including Yo La Tengo's Ira Kaplan, the Hold Steady's Craig Finn, the Decemberists' Chris Funk and John Moen, and Death Cab for Cutie's Ben Gibbard.
A Brooklyn-based cryptocomrade was filling me on a great nightclub in his area last night and I found a recent listing for these guys -- any mention of Yo La Teno is all but guaranteed to catch my eye -- which sent me off looking for some tunes. I'm bopping to "Ichiro Goes to the Moon" as I write. I love Fuquay and the small town living, but man, sometimes it hurts a little how much it ain't Brooklyn.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...