Friday, January 7, 2011

Regrets of a stay-at-home mom.

Regrets of a stay-at-home mom - Real Families - Salon.com:


So if some young woman with a new baby were to ask me about opting out I would tell her, as my Aunt Millicent told me 14 years ago, how quickly a child's early years zip past, how challenging but wonderful they are, how grateful I am for every single moment I was privileged to witness.

And then, unlike my aunt, I would warn her not to do it.
I'm guessing there are lots of families in roughly the same boat mine is in. We're getting by with one parent staying home with the kids, but we're not getting ahead. The job market for women that have stayed home with children for a few years is looking a little scary. More than a little. We made the right choice, I'm certain, but it was a hard one, and we've still got some hard decisions ahead.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...