Sunday, November 28, 2010

Research carefully before buying from an unknown merchant.

For DecorMyEyes, Bad Publicity Is a Good Thing - NYTimes.com:

Detail from image via The Daily What

“Hello, My name is Stanley with DecorMyEyes.com,” the post began. “I just wanted to let you guys know that the more replies you people post, the more business and the more hits and sales I get. My goal is NEGATIVE advertisement.”

It’s all part of a sales strategy, he said. Online chatter about DecorMyEyes, even furious online chatter, pushed the site higher in Google search results, which led to greater sales. He closed with a sardonic expression of gratitude: “I never had the amount of traffic I have now since my 1st complaint. I am in heaven.”
Long, scary read. Getting ripped off could be the least of your problems. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...