Sunday, November 14, 2010

McCain: "When I said, 'Let's wait for the study,' I meant, 'Some other study, one rigged to support my homophobia.'"

Wonk Room | McCain Moves The Goal Posts Again On DADT, Now Claiming The Pentagon Study Isn’t Good Enough:
SEN. McCAIN: Yeah. You and I have not seen that study. And this study was directed at how to implement the repeal, not whether the repeal should take place or not. But, very importantly, we have people like the commandant of the Marine Corps, the three other–all four service chiefs are saying we need a thorough and complete study of the effects–not how to implement a repeal, but the effects on morale and battle effectiveness. That’s what I want. And once we get this study, we need to have hearings, and we need to examine it, and we need to look at whether it’s the kind of study that we wanted. It isn’t, in my view, because I wanted a study to determine the effects of the repeal on battle effectiveness and morale. What this study is, is designed to do is, is to find out how the repeal could be implemented. Those are two very different aspects of this issue.
Is there another politician currently in office working as hard as McCain to piss away his or her reputation? (*Audible groan* Except perhaps Obama?)  
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...