Monday, November 1, 2010

The Kung Fu Kid

The Karate Kid (2010) - Flickchart

image via flickchart

Well, I finally broke down and watched it. I didn't really want to, but it was eating at me, there being this Jackie Chan movie out there I hadn't seen yet, when I'd sat through The Medallion. (If you can suffer through The Medallion, I'm not sure Dick Cheney could extract your phone number if he had you for a week in Gitmo, you're that determined.) So, when the redbox free code came in today, I took a flyer.

I actually liked it. It's the kind of role I've been saying for some time that Jackie needs to be playing: the age appropriate sifu. Jackie's got a bow-legged gait and hang-dog, weathered look here that suit the character's melodramatic back-story.  He doesn't overdo the mugging, it's a one of his better dramatic performances. Although, I am little bummed Mr. Han didn't fight the leader of the NĂ¼ Cobra Kais. I'll just have to watch Police Story again soon to get fix of Jackie mixing it up.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...