Sunday, November 7, 2010

Ip Man (2009) - Flickchart

Ip Man (2009) - Flickchart


Donnie Yen as Ip Man


It's never quite the equal of Fist of Legend, apes it a bit in a few spots even, but is still one of the better martial arts movies I've seen recently. Donnie Yen has never been the best actor in the genre yet he's good enough here when not fighting, and when he is fighting, well, he's pretty damn fun to watch. Good enough that I'll check out Ip Man 2. The preview for Donnie's turn as Chen Zhen also looked intriguing enough to get past my initial horror at the thought of Fist of Legend being exploited, I know, I know, it's Fist of Fury I'm supposed to be worried about, but Fist of Legend was better. There's also The Legend Is Born - Ip Man for another take on Ip Man via Cryptonaut fave Sammo Hung.

Ip Man with Bruce Lee
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...