Monday, November 15, 2010

I bet you think this song is about you.

Keith Olbermann vs. MSNBC: Inside His War With the Network:
(Newser) – Keith Olbermann's battle with MSNBC is far from over, despite the fact that the network returned him to the air just days after suspending him for making undisclosed political donations. In the Daily Beast, Howard Kurtz takes us inside the tense relations between Olbermann and MSNBC, which have spilled over into NBC News and left him with no allies save Rachel Maddow—and which could result, some theorize, in Olbermann walking away.
I like Olbermann, but I don't think it would be the worst thing for liberals if he receded into the background and Rachel Maddow became the leading face of unabashed liberal commentary on TV. Where Olbermann may be more than a little humility-challenged, Maddow makes even her most pointed criticism respectfully and a willingness to hear the other side.

On a related, vain celebrity note, I caught the tail end of a promo for an awards show immediately upon turning on my TV last night. The host, a young lady I can only assume is from a reality TV show or a soap opera, haughtily announced the show would be, "hosted by ... me!" As if the possibility that anybody would not know who she is had never occurred to her. I can't remember which awards show it was but, if I find out before it airs, I plan to boycott in on purpose. For humility's sake. If I don't, my accidental boycott will have to suffice.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...