Monday, November 1, 2010

Frazzled people tweet their DMs all the time. (Not that surprising.)

Bill Simmons: Chaos and confusion tripped up the Randy Moss scoop for ESPN - ESPN:

First tweet to accidental DM tweet
timeframe usually not very long.

I could give you a thousand guesses. Wouldn't matter. You'd never guess what I was doing when I accidentally tweeted 'moss Vikings' last Tuesday night, inadvertently breaking news that the Patriots and Vikings were discussing a Randy Moss trade. Actually, you can't call it 'news.' More like 'hearsay.' But when the trade went through 16 hours later, some believed it was all part of my master plan. Throw out a rumor 'accidentally,' and if it happened, I would look like a genius.
Edit: Quick readers will notice I had to fix the title of this post, as I originally had DMs and tweets backwards. A little confusing, but perhaps to the point.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...