Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Mixed Feelings

Family outraged after officer shot dog | abc11.com:
'I have a permanent image in my mind of my dog being shot, that bullet in my dog's heart,' Christina Alarie said. 'It's just heartbreaking, my son's 19-months-old, it's his favorite puppy to play with. I don't know how you explain that to people, I have nightmares of it. I can't sleep; you got a cold dog lying on someone's porch.'
The couple's neighbor, John Evenson, a Fuquay-Varina police officer shot the dog. He says Bonez got out, attacked his dog, and out of fear for his own safety shot the pit-bull.
I love dogs, and this is a sad story, but if Bonez really was loose and attacking another dog, then I don't think the owners have anyone to blame but themselves. If a strange dog came into my yard and was attacking a pet or member of my family, I would've done the same thing. Only not with a gun.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...