Saturday, January 16, 2010

I Want the Geno Shirt!

Watching the Huskies go all Ben Grimm ("It's clobberin' time!") on Notre Dame, I'm a little nostalgic for the 2001 and 2002 teams: Svetlana Abrosimova, Shea Ralph, Sue Bird, Diana Taurasi, Swin Cash, Asjha Jones, Tamika Williams, Jessica Moore, Kelly Schumacher ... so many talented players it's unbelievable.  Taking nothing away from the current stars, Maya Moore & Tina Charles are clearly as talented as any of my old favorites; I just don't get to see this team or listen to the golden tones of Joe D'Ambrosio describing their exploits on the radio the way I could those teams, so these ESPN & CBS national games are my only chance to get to know today's players.
I'd really like to get to the MLK Day game vs. Duke.  The thought of setting foot on that campus kind of skeeves me out though.  On the other hand, it would be fun to throw the gear on and glare at the Dukies.

Update: The missus has to work Monday night, else I think we would've been going.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...