Monday, July 31, 2006

Unbelievable



This is the loudest MVP chant I've ever heard.

Ortiz just hit a 3 run HR in the bottom of the 9th to lift the Sox over Cleveland 9-8.

I grew up with Rice, Lynn, Evans, and Yaz. Roger Clemens may be the greatest pitcher I'll ever see. Pedro is right up there *and* helped win a World Series *and* had that infectious smile. Nomar was great. Big Mo Vaughn was awesome. Manny just keeps being Manny. Ted Williams gave us .406; I've read everything about him I could lay my hands on and I believe he may well be the greatest hitter who ever played the game. But David Ortiz is becoming my favorite Red Sox player.

If Papi doesn't get the MVP this year, the award means nothing.

Update: Shaughnessy seems a little starstruck this morning as well.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...