Saturday, January 7, 2006

How 'Bout Some Lists?

To the best of my recollection, I saw fifteen movies that were released in 2005. Doing a Top Ten list seems like a dirty compromise between narrowing it down to a Favorite Five or just listing all fifteen, so I'll force myself to work a little and narrow it down to ...

C-Dog's Top Five Movies of 2005
1. Serenity -- This was an easy choice. Well-written sci-fi actioner that delivers on the humor and the thrills. Adam Baldwin should win Best Supporting Actor. [RT=80%]
2. The Wedding Crashers -- Flawed (for example, Will Ferrell's weak, bloated cameo) but far and away the funniest movie I've seen in a long time. [RT=74%]
3. Ong Bak: The Thai Warrior -- Low budget, the soundtrack sounds like the canned tune that comes out of the box with a low end Casio synthesizer, but it kicks ass. [RT=84%]
4. The 40 Year Old Virgin -- More funny. [RT=84%]
5. King Kong -- The ape is awesome. [RT=83%]
Just Missed the Cut: Batman Begins [RT=83%]
Other Notable Kung Fu Flicks: Kung Fu Hustle [RT=90%]& Unleashed [RT=67%]
Movies I Thought I'd Like More Than I Did: Syriana, Sin City, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

And then there's a bunch of movies I wanted to see and will netflix eventually: Crash, The Aristocrats, March of the Penguins, Transporter 2, The Curse of the Were-Rabbit, and possibly The Matador if only because the ads use one of my all-time favorite songs, The Jam's "A Town Called Malice."
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...