Wednesday, July 6, 2005

Irony

I just renewed my AAA membership, while at their site, I saw link that I thought odd for AAA .. "Witness 20th Anniversary Tour."

What, I wondered, does an auto club have to do with mid-80's Kelly McGillis flick? From the page:
Package* for 2 includes:
1-night hotel accomodations
Full hot breakfast buffet
PA Dutch family-style dinner
Official Witness Movie Experience Tour
Witness DVD or VHS movie upon check-in
Then, it goes on to list all the things you get as part of the package.
All rooms feature a refrigerator, coffeemaker, in-room safe, hairdryer, iron & ironing board, pay-per-view movies, Nintendo games and free high speed wireless Internet access. There are two restaurants, lounge, three pools , fitness center with women's and men's saunas and whirlpool, lighted tennis courts, basketball and shuffleboard, and game room.
I think you have to play the Nintendo games on a hand-carved wooden controller (like this iPod), but aside from that, I'm still a little stunned by the juxtaposition. I mean, what?, no animatronic Amish (Amishatronic?) to guide you through a holodeck simulating scenes from the movie?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...