Wednesday, August 30, 2000

Sick Day

Why am I blogging now when I never blog on weekdays on account of work? Reasonable question. I can't even remember the last time I took a sick day, but when I woke up this morning the thought of dragging my tired body into that hellhole made me so nauseous I simply couldn't get out of bed until I hit on the happy idea of calling in *koff* sick-like. I don't know what I'm going to do with myself all day. I'll probably finish "American Tabloid" ... the events of the novel are rapidly approaching the Kennedy assassination and I'm curious to see if Ellroy is going to spin a theory about it. I could see him making J. Edgar Hoover the brains behind it, but he's also got plenty of FBI/CIA/Mob figures floating around with motive. After I finish that up, I may go take in a matinee. Not sure though what's there I might wanna see. I mowed the lawn last night, so I don't have any "chores" that need doing, well, except apt. hunting, but I've already done some of that this a.m. How would you spend your day if you were playing hooky? Drop me an e-mail and if I like your idea I'll do it and you, stuck at work -- poor sap, can live vicariously through C-Dog. :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...